Unoccupied property insurance

Empty properties need specialist unoccupied property insurance including cover for theft, malicious damage, storm and escape of water.

read more

Get online quote now

Insurance quotations on all of our products, with friendly and helpful assistance at every stage.

read more

Solicitors, wills and trusts

Our section dedicated to meeting the needs of the legal profession, and why you need our product.

read more

Insurance obligations when buying or selling a house

Property Insurance between exchange and completion during sale or purchase of a house An explanation of the implications of the Standard Conditions of Sale (5th Edition) on the obligation to insure a property during the process of sale/purchase. The standard Conditions of Sale (5th Edition) was published by the Law Society in April 2011 and is designed for use in...

Unoccupied Property Insurance

Unoccupied property insurance for your unoccupied house or commercial building. Specialists in unoccupied property insurance Bickers Insurance Services are experts in providing unoccupied property insurance, whether you need cover for an unoccupied property on the market for sale, between tenants, or if you need empty home insurance for your unoccupied property during renovation or construction works. We have a range...

Property Renovation Insurance

Property renovation insurance for works, extensions and refurbishment. Quotes for home renovation insurance, extension, structural work and major works insurance. If you plan to carry out renovations to your property for which you need to move out of the premises for a time, you need to carefully consider the implications on your insurance during renovation. Prior to any works commencing...

Empty Home Insurance for Care Home Residents

When a house becomes unoccupied, home insurance policy cover will be severely restricted, or even invalidated unless positive action is taken. Download our information brochure for care home residents Download our Home Insurance short factsheet for care home residents Download our Home Insurance full factsheet for care home residents When a house becomes unoccupied, home insurance policy cover will be...

Absent Freeholder Insurance

Absent freeholder buildings insurance ​Insurance quotations for the leaseholder of a building with an absentee freeholder If you are a leaseholder of a property in a block of flats you will generally have to pay for your proportion of the buildings insurance as a contribution to the landlord's block insurance policy under your maintenance agreement. Block insurance is usually arranged...

Previously Underpinned Property insurance

Previously underpinned property insurance quotes for homes with subsidence history If you have a home previously affected by a subsidence insurance claim or your property has been underpinned, buildings insurance quotations are not easy to obtain. Because the insurance market has always been cautious of changing insurer for an underpinned property, insurance has often been very difficult to obtain. Insurance...

Insurance for Blocks of Flats

How to get the best and cheapest block of flats insurance quotation If you are looking for a block of flats insurance quote you need to satisfy yourself that the policy wording is wide enough to cover everything that you need. Many people responsible for their block of flats insurance arrangements will buy the cheapest policy they can find online...

Latest news | Previous News

  • Second home insurance for UK property

    If you own a second property in the UK, be aware that a standard home insurance policy is not suitable to cover your building or contents A specialist home insurance policy for second homes or holiday homes will provide comprehensive[…]

  • Unoccupied property insurance for listed buildings

    Grade 1 & Grade 2 listed buildings unoccupied property insurance for solicitors and executors Insurance quotations for listed buildings or buildings of historical significance can be obtained from Bickers Insurance. Care needs to be taken to ensure the correct building[…]

  • Trust Insurance – for occupied or unoccupied property owned by a trust

    Trust insurance – buildings and contents insurance for trust owned property for solicitors and trustees If you are administrating a trust fund and the fund owns a property, it needs to be insured correctly.  Appropriate buildings and contents insurance for[…]

  • Occupied probate property insurance for executors or Solicitors

    Cover for property occupied by a spouse or family member before and after probate granted Cover is available for homes of deceased persons whilst the property is lived in by a surviving spouse, partner or family member. After the loss[…]

  • Unoccupied park home insurance

    Empty property insurance for unoccupied park homes If the resident of a park home has moved into residential care for a period of time then the existing property insurance may not be suitable. Most insurance policies will exclude escape of[…]

Call Bickers Insurance today, the specialists in Property Insurance for friendly, helpful assistance
with unoccupied property, UK holiday home insurance, working abroad or in a care home:
Get a Quote NOW: 01903 791340