Insurance for property excluding subsidence, heave and landslip cover

If your property has previously suffered from subsidence damage, heave or landslip you may find it difficult to obtain this insurance cover from your insurer.

Regardless of whether you want the cover or not, you must tell your insurer, or prospective new insurer that the property has previously been affected by this damage.

Various underwriting factors will affect whether cover for subsidence heave or landslip can be provided including the nature of the subsidence damage, the cause of the damage, the repair work undertaken, whether the cause is known and has been removed and whether the work has completely rectified the problems.

Occasionally, it is not possible to obtain cover for subsidence, heave or landslip. Your property may not have been repaired correctly, you may be rectifying the problems or underpinning the property during the course of a property renovation or whilst and extension is being constructed. During this period you may not be able to have cover for subsidence and may not even want the cover at this time.

If you require cover for your property which excludes cover for subsidence, heave or landslip then we should be able to assist. Remember of course that any mortgagee will almost certainly require this cover as part of an offer of finance, cover requests excluding subsidence will be fairly limited.

The main reason why cover is generally requested excluding subsidence is that the subsidence damage is being rectified as part of a refurbishment of a property, or an extension being carried out. If you planning a renovation and require a quotation then please follow the enclosed link or give us a call and we can discuss your requirements in detail over the telephone.




This entry was posted in Property Owners News and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Call Bickers Insurance today, the specialists in Property Insurance for friendly, helpful assistance
with unoccupied property, UK holiday home insurance, working abroad or in a care home:
Get a Quote NOW: 01903 791340