Insurance information for householders in residential care – leaving their homes unoccupied

Home owners who enter residential care should be aware of the insurance implications of leaving their house unoccupied.

When your property is left empty it can affect your home insurance policy, leaving you with severely restricted cover or in some cases, a policy which is void, leaving you exposed to potential disaster. A standard home insurance policy is rarely suitable when a property is left empty whilst the owner is in a residential care home or for an extended stay in hospital. Many policies will exclude essential cover such as burst pipes, escape of water, theft, theft damage and malicious damage.

Bickers Insurance Services have produced factsheets describing the potential pitfalls many may encounter when making the decision to move into residential care for either a short period or for the longer term. We hope that these fact sheets will assist those in residential care and their families, by highlighting the insurance issues they face when leaving their principal home empty and suggesting solutions, both with specialist unoccupied property insurance quotes and by negotiating with the existing home insurance provider.

For more information, read our page about unoccupied property insurance for householders in residential care, or contact Bickers Insurance Services.

Back To News

This entry was posted in Property Owners News, Unoccupied Property News and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Call Bickers Insurance today, the specialists in Property Insurance for friendly, helpful assistance
with unoccupied property, UK holiday home insurance, working abroad or in a care home:
Get a Quote NOW: 01903 791340