Second home insurance for UK property

If you own a second property in the UK, be aware that a standard home insurance policy is not suitable to cover your building or contents

A specialist home insurance policy for second homes or holiday homes will provide comprehensive cover for your property. This will typically include cover for escape of water, burglary, burglary damage and malicious damage – all of which are usually excluded if the property is a second home insured on a standard home insurance policy wording.

Care must be taken when insuring your second home or holiday home to ensure that you can comply with the requirements of the policy. Specialist insurance policies will often contain conditions regarding the management of water in the property and periodic inspection requirements. There was one insurer in fact that until recently had a 7 day inspection condition, applied as standard, on their holiday home policy wording – little worse than useless!

If you have a second home in the UK and would like a competitive quotation from people who know what they are talking about, call Julian or Colin on 01903 791340 or complete an online quotation request form


This entry was posted in Bickers News, Property Owners News and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Call Bickers Insurance today, the specialists in Property Insurance for friendly, helpful assistance
with unoccupied property, UK holiday home insurance, working abroad or in a care home:
Get a Quote NOW: 01903 791340