How to insure your UK home if you work overseas or in a different location in the UK

Does your work take you away from home for longer periods of time, do you only live in your home on a part time basis?

If you work away from home, either in the UK or overseas then you will need a specialist home insurance policy to cover your buildings and contents whilst your property is left empty. A standard home insurance policy will often not be suitable as it will require the home to be occupied on a full time basis. Usually, if you have a standard home insurance policy for an empty homes it will contain exclusions in cover for burst pipes, theft and malicious damage, often the cover you need the most.

A specialist unoccupied property insurance will be required if you are, for example, spending the weekdays away, then returning at the weekends. Alternatively, if you are away from home for an even greater period of time and returning to your UK home occasionally then a specialist policy will be required. Often cover for these homes are written on a ‘second home / holiday home’ policy wording so it incorporates the periods of absence but still allowing you to come and go as you please without the need to tell your insurer when you are, and when you are not in residence.

Second home insurance quotation

Complete our online form for a quotation for your primary residence in the UK if you are working away, your holiday home or second home insurance quotation.

This entry was posted in Property Owners News, Unoccupied Property News and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Call Bickers Insurance today, the specialists in Property Insurance for friendly, helpful assistance
with unoccupied property, UK holiday home insurance, working abroad or in a care home:
Get a Quote NOW: 01903 791340